Spring Time is Almost Here! Let's Clean Up!
This should be your punch list of things to check for preparing for the Spring!
- Clean winter’s debris (lawn and shrub beds)
- Aeration of your lawn
- Prune winter injury to trees and shrubs
- Cut back dead ornamental grasses
- Uncover perennials, assess and fertilize
- Uncover roses, prune dead and fertilize
- Remove excessive mulch on trees and shrubs
- Apply lawn pre emergent herbicide (Before the Forsythia drop their flowers)
- Apply pre emergent control to shrub beds
- Apply supplemental fertilizer lawn
- Check irrigation and set schedule times for proper watering
- Monitor for insect and diseases
- Pull weeds in flowerbeds
- Prune shrubs that have flowered