An Open Letter to Arbor Life customers
Summer is Nearing End, and Autumn is Close!
The worst of the Houston heat and humidity will have subsided soon. Here are some tips on helping your lawn,trees, and plants with the seasonal change.is composed of a warm season turf grass or a cool season turf grass.
Fall Lawn Care Tip: Find Out Your Grass Type
These turfs are the common warm season turf that we use in our region:
These are the Tasks for Turfs this Season:
• Apply herbicides to broadleaf weeds
• Correct soil PH: if your lawn is not performing well, have your soil tested. If the soil test should show a need to reduce acidity, apply lime now. If alkalinity needs to be reduced, apply sulfur.
• Aeration/Thatch removal: detach your lawn, by raking; for bad cases of soil compaction, you may have to employ the technique known as core aeration, for which lawn equipment known as "aerators" can be bought or rented
• Rake leaves, or use a leaf vacuum, lest the leaves smother your grass over the winter
• Less watering in Autumn: set your schedule back to 60-70% budget and gradually this rate should be 10%-0% by winter time.
• Fertilization: apply 1 pound of nitrogen per 1000 per square foot of lawn.(32-0-10 is a sufficient fertilizer for this season).
• Overseed with Rye Grass: this helps keep your lawn green and tightens up turf core to keep invading weeds from creeping in.
Arbor Life services